Author Topic: Trace RC8 Cable Diagram  (Read 2161 times)

(unknown)

Trace RC8 Cable Diagram
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to find a wiring diagram of the discontinued Trace RC8 cable.

its the remote control cable going from my trace battery meter, to the inverter.

I think it's a standard phone jack, but I need to know how many twisted pairs, and in what order etc.

if someone out there has one of these cables, or knows the order please send me a description. and or a picture so I can make my own.

thanks!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:46:12 PM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

Re: Trace RC8 Cable Diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:54:15 PM »
I guess a " pin-out "  would be the correct term for what I am looking for.

The cable is going from a Trace 1200W TruckPower Inverter to the TR500A TraceMeter.

anyone?

thanks.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:54:15 PM by (unknown) »

madlabs

Re: Trace RC8 Cable Diagram
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:18:12 PM »
Since it don't seem like anyone has any specific info...

Do you have a scope? Should be easy to track down CLK and data lines. If not, take 'em apart and look. Should be easy to locate the ground and power planes. The data lines will lead to some sort of chip. If it is a phone cord then there are only 4 conductors and one at least will be ground. If the meter doesn't have it's own power supply, then one of the other conductors will be VDD, leaving only two. In any case, most stuff I've seen that uses a phone jack also uses a standard phone cord. I'm guessing you tried that? Any idea what protocol the devices use to talk? That can be helpful in figgering out what's what.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:18:12 PM by (unknown) »