Author Topic: Starting a Slow and Steady Windmill Genny (First Timer)  (Read 32580 times)

Mastiffman

Re: Starting a Slow and Steady Windmill Genny (First Timer)
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
Okay, So I have an update on this purchase with some good news and bad news... And what a ride it's been!?

Bad News First.

After being told by the ebay seller that this unit would be shipped out last Thursday, I contacted the Seller after not hearing from him at all Thursday. He Reposnded and said that he had everything boxed up but implied that he didn't ship it out like he planned on. I responded and asked for a confirmation if that was indeed what happened...

I didn't hear from him again until a little after 10:30pm Friday night and said that he was dealing some personal stuff and long story short, he put my motor and tow other purchased ebay itme in the trunk of his car and it was stollen sometime thrusday night. He said that he made a police report but woudln't give the information needed to confirm it. I was suspicious about the whole thing being that there were two of the same exact model Fanuc Servo Motors going for $1500 on Ebay, thinking that maybe he was trying to back out of the low auction price that I got it for.

While looking for his info on the net to try and confirm whether or not he made a police report, I came across a site that was for a company that moves Large Robotic Machines. The Same Site kept coming up every time that I "Binged" his telephone number. Thinking as I always do, that everything happens for a reason (As I'm a Born Again Christian and feel that it's all part of plan.. At least in my life.  ;) ), I left a breif message explaining how a got to the point of calling the number and left it at that. I got a Refund for the ebay seller so I will not be getting the DC Motor that I spoke of before...

Now the Good News!

Well HERE is where is gets REALLY AWESOME!!! And like I told "Birdhouse" in a PM, I feel that things always seem to work out to my advantage in the end of every situation (Not that others get the bad end of it though.) in one way or another. I also stated that it may be because I'm typically an optimistic person no matter the stuation. A "there's Always a light at the end of the tunnel" type of individual.

Late Last Night (Saturday [8-4-12] after getting a full refund from the ebay seller and him telling me that he Gets the Servo Motors from an "AUCTION" and that he could possibly find me one that fit the application properly...) I get a Call from some number that I didn't know competely fogetting about the Message that I left on that Robotic Machine Movers Voicemail. It was the OWNER of the Company, Close to the location of where the ebay motor was Supposed to come from. He introduced himself and Was curious about the details of the issue that I experienced on ebay. He wanted to know the ebay sellers username and First name.

Come to find out that the Ebay Seller Sued To Work at this Moving Company as was Fired a few months ago!!! While wokring there the Owner told me that he was given a Bunch of AC and DC servo Motors about 7 years ago. The Ebay seller, while working there, was told by the Owner that he could sell a few on ebay. But this was only while he was working there. The Owner continued on to tell me that he Didn't give this old employee Any Permission to Take any motors with him. He said that he wasn't surprised about the DC motor that I purchased as he confornted this gy about it before he left and he lied about it and said that he didn't have it. BUT, he didn't know that he took more with him when he left. Hence the ebay seller telling me that he could offer me a Fanuc AC servo Motor that was newer but I would have to pay what the other went for Which was $571 Plus More in Shipping being a heavier unit (Which I told him sounded shady). So the owner of the company also told me how Crazy that it was that I left the message and how all of this happened because about two weeks ago his companies building was broken into and a bunch of tools were stollen and I belive that he said a few of the Servo Motors.

So the Owner took down the Ebay Username of the Seller and also told me the guys street name and was going to watch him to see if any of his tols show up for sale on Ebay.

The Best Part!

The Owner Mentioned that he has some of the Servo Motors Still and said that he would take a bunch of pictures of them and send them to me on Monday So that I could Choose from them the one(s) that I wanted!!!! AWESOME!!!! BY the way, we spoke for quite a few minutes and come to find out that this guy was also aBorn Again Christian... That may not mean anything and may offend some that read this thread.. But THAT fact alone proves to me, yet again, Why all of this happened. At least in my life!  ;)

So Now, After things taking the Unbelieveable Path that they did.. My Question to you all is: SHould I go with an AC or DC unit? AC can be rectified to charge batteries. But I've seen others mention that Some people believe that DC is more efficient!?

Thoughts and comments?

gww

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
I'm not smart enough to answer your question but I thank you for the update.  I'm watching and hoping that when you get something flying that it will work great and we will both be smarter.
Good luck
gww

Mastiffman

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
I'm not smart enough to answer your question but I thank you for the update.  I'm watching and hoping that when you get something flying that it will work great and we will both be smarter.
Good luck
gww

No worries... YOu're welcome and Glad to have you following along. 

Well, from what  understand, AC will not use Brushes... But if I could get a Brushless DC motor that would be fine as well. Being that I would have to Change AC to DC and then back to AC unless running all DC equipment, which I'm not.

I think that there are some pretty knowledgeable people on this forum that will know whether or not Fanuc DC motors can come brushless... The motors that I will have to choose from will be roughly 7 year old reconditioned motors Fanuc AC and DC Servo motors.

Anyone have any say on this?

Mastiffman

« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2012, 02:48:23 PM »
Okay, Guess not...  ;)

Anyway, the Seller that I got the other motor from is NOT refunding my money and says that I have to pay Shipping for a third time to get the motor back (if I wanted to recoop some money by seeling it), when they were the ones that requested that i send it in for diagnosis in the first place being that three Magnets were broken on the ends when I pulled it apart.

They are denying my refund, claiming that I broke the magnets by putting the little ole Hub and Blades on the Steel 5/8" "Causing it to FLEX"????? it doesn't matter HOW I explain to them that the Motor Worked fine (As a motor) When I had it and IF the Magnets broke while in operation it would have destroyed the motor on the inside being that the pieces that would have broke off would have been large enough to do so.

They tried using this thread to prove it. SO Someone "Else" PLEASE tell this person that the Magnets coudln't have been broken from a small set of 3 fiberglass blades being attached to it!?

I would appreaciate. The seller is obviously not willing to take the logical conclusion coming from me...

P.S. PLEASE don't respond with a "we technically speaking" comment about how it could happen unless it's follow with a proper example. lol

Thanks! ;D

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
Tell ebay the item arrived broken, that is why you shipped it back. Ebay almost always sides with the buyer.

Mastiffman

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »
Tell ebay the item arrived broken, that is why you shipped it back. Ebay almost always sides with the buyer.

I tried and they said that being that it was within the 45-60 INSTEAD of the Within 45 days from purchase they couldn't do much.

They copy me on an Email that I requested that they send to him and it said this:

Hello [privacy of username] ([emailprivacy]@att.net),

We are contacting you on behalf of mastiffman07, concerning item #350230394966.

We understand that you have received the item back from the buyer according to the member to member messages and the tracking number provided. At this time, we expect you to refund the buyer the amount of $120.00 within 5 days in order to avoid future consequences.

We appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
eBay Customer Support

But he never refunded me my money and is still insisting that I pay fro shipping a THIRD Time!?

the Seller told me today that
"I still would like to see the video of your windmill turning the motor."

Why I don't know... I asked him what that would do for him being that I already told him that I DIDN'T Break the item.