Product Reviews > Reviews

BZ 500MPPT assembly issues

<< < (2/4) > >>

OperaHouse:
How about posting a picture.  Form follows function and with a picture would give me a good idea of what the schematic would be.  Resistance between the battery and the sampling point would cause this.  Either in wiring or in the unit.  Another problem would be the nois filtering on the sample line.  The micro may be reading spikes.  An additional small resistor and cap in the sampling line may fix this. This may be the problem as the batteries begin to sulfate.

dnix71:
I can post a pic of the front when I get home. The voltage at the terminal blocks and battery posts is the same. The wire between the two is short. One BZ may be seeing the other since both are in parallel to charge the batteries. I have too much panel for either. I kept adding panels until I needed a second controller. The 2 controllers each have their own set of panels but because the controllers internally bridge the PV negative to battery ground, both sets of panels share a common negative.

OperaHouse:
That kind of picture wouldn't do much good.  If you have a large capacitor with screw terminals and place it at the BZ that might help. 

Mary B:
By taking it apart and reassembling it you may have fixed a bad ground at a screw hole.

dnix71:
One of the four standoffs is a circuit board ground. I double checked that on reassembly and added a housing to battery ground wire. I've tried the large capacitor trick but it prevents the logic circuit from locking. The voltage and current oscillate forever with a 12k uF cap across the PV. I haven't tried that on the battery side, though. That's worth trying one day when I'm home during midday and can watch what happens.

The cap trick keeps the smaller BZ from switching off and on so much during low light. That wakes me up in the morning. Click - click - click -click. The larger BZ only switches after there is a certain medium power on it, not in low light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version