Author Topic: high-power charge controller  (Read 2591 times)

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
high-power charge controller
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »
I have 26 230 W 24 V solar panels. I also have 20 circuit boards each board has 10 mosfets? or IGBTs that are 290 V 40 A each one as a 20 amp fuse beside it there are other components on the board to drive the FETs. Each board as a + and - 15 V and a shielded input cable. I would like to use some of the boards to make a charge controller, possibly MPPT. does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be done?
Thank you
Craig
~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~

joestue

Re: high-power charge controller
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »
well if you get lucky you might have three phase inverter cards or something similar.
the structure you need is half bridges. what are the part numbers of the gate drivers?
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.

gzglad200

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
I have 26 230 W 24 V solar panels. I also have 20 circuit boards each board has 10 mosfets? or IGBTs that are 290 V 40 A each one as a 20 amp fuse beside it there are other components on the board to drive the FETs. Each board as a + and - 15 V and a shielded input cable. I would like to use some of the boards to make a charge controller, possibly MPPT. does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be done?
Thank you
Craig

maybe you need some other component. eg, inductor and a muc. if you interested in it, we can talk about it.

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »
The gate driver number is LF353P  022GB they are Texas Instrument. There is one driver at the input of the board and one at each FET or IGBT.  There is a plug on each board for the input and power supply, they were all originally wired parallel. The outputs were also wired in parallel. I think it was some sort of a pulse generator with an external trigger or source. it has a label that says
POS. 10 KA . I have connected one of the boards input to a pulse generator and the output to a separate power supply with a 12 V lightbulb. I then connected an oscilloscope and the output corresponded to the input pulses.
~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~

joestue

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »
sounds more like the top half or bottom half of a really big cmos opamp, or an active load. that's a dual jfet opamp, not a gate driver.
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.