Homebrewed Electricity > Controls

Build an inverter

(1/5) > >>

Astro:
Been watching some videos on it. Anyone one done it? I am looking at inverters and they are not cheap when you want to get up there in watts. Can you stack any inverter? I have a line on some serious batteries and thought well geez, I could get the batteries, just charge them with a plug in charger/maintainer and get some inverters and have everything ready when I do build a mill. Plus have back up power if I needed it.
I hate trying to put things together when parts come up not in the order you need them, but when you are shopping for good deals, that is what you get.

clockmanFRA:
Yes.

With 'Oztules' help in 2015 we created the 'OzInverter', i was the apprentice, now he leaves me to carry on the works. Published a 2nd edition book and produce the bare board PCB's.

48vdc, to 240vac or 120vac. 50HZ or 60HZ, Bi directional so can AC couple and back charge the batteries with any surplus AC.

6kW all day, 15kW for 15 minutes or so, surge up to 50kW.

NO toy, when finished weighs about 45kg/88lbs.

Its all here on this 'Fieldlines' site.

Astro:

--- Quote from: clockmanFRA on October 12, 2021, 02:59:07 AM ---Yes.

With 'Oztules' help in 2015 we created the 'OzInverter', i was the apprentice, now he leaves me to carry on the works. Published a 2nd edition book and produce the bare board PCB's.

48vdc, to 240vac or 120vac. 50HZ or 60HZ, Bi directional so can AC couple and back charge the batteries with any surplus AC.

6kW all day, 15kW for 15 minutes or so, surge up to 50kW.

NO toy, when finished weighs about 45kg/88lbs.

Its all here on this 'Fieldlines' site.

--- End quote ---

YES. Where would I look for it on this site?
This sounds like exactly what I was thinking about, and not some 500 watt one. I was sitting here last night wondering what parts of a dc welder might be useful in such a larger scale undertaking. So a bigger one has been on my mind. But I am not a wise person when it comes to electronics. I know more then the avg person walking down the street, but compared to many on this site, I know very little.

Bruce S:
Do a search for ClockmanFRA probably in the control section.

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,148827.msg1035130.html#msg1035130

Here's a quick link to one of ClockmanFRA's posts.

Bruce S

clockmanFRA:
Thanks Bruce.

Astro, Also look in the CONTROLS section of this forum for OzInverter.

Here is a Utub vid, done by my eldest for his Uni. I was tired, so not on good form. Also called the cables 50 and 70 amps, when i should have said, 70mm/2 cables for the Battery bank to the OzInverter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9B3RTF1QA

Here is the torrid transformer chapter form the 2nd edition, and below the USA chapter and further assorted info. The 2nd edition book is 92 pages with hundreds of colour photos, drawings etc. Everything is explained.

ToroidChapter4.pdf (901.88 kB - downloaded 256 times.)

Chapter6USA.pdf (1094.47 kB - downloaded 147 times.)

2Supplement 60HZ 120vac.pdf (138.5 kB - downloaded 144 times.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version