Author Topic: Light Weight Wind Turbine Project - as I build it.  (Read 240725 times)

Mastiffman

Re: Light Weight Wind Turbine Project - as I build it.
« Reply #825 on: June 29, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
I'm not sure why you stopped working on raising the Hbird; you've had it for awhile now and you could've already had numbers from it, BUT that's for the other thread.
Bruce S

I have not stopped working on it... still need to get that new tower up!
I have a job, so... i gotta wait for the weekend to continue...
There are more progress photos comming on Saturday

Sorry about the Hurdle SF... That Dude is RUDE!!!

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #826 on: June 29, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Maybe a modified GE ECM motor would do the trick?

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #827 on: June 29, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »
I'm not sure why you stopped working on raising the Hbird; you've had it for awhile now and you could've already had numbers from it, BUT that's for the other thread.
Bruce S

I have not stopped working on it... still need to get that new tower up!
I have a job, so... i gotta wait for the weekend to continue...
There are more progress photos coming on Saturday
Don't ya hate it when WORK (there's that 4-letter word  :o) get's in the way?

Remember safety 3rd.
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Mastiffman

« Reply #828 on: June 29, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
HA haaaa!!! I've GOT to agree with that 4 letter word thing Bruce!

CraigM

« Reply #829 on: June 29, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »
Bottom line, Tony turned out to be a liar, but you know that now.  >:(

People here will tell you the truth, even when it hurts, but you already know that too.  ;)

CM

Brain engaged in Absorption Charge Mode... please wait, this may take awhile.

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #830 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:50 PM »
Steadfast - there is one guy that builds little axials and specializes in small turbines (that really work) - Ed Lenz:
http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/products1

He builds all sorts of stuff just for the type of project outlined in this thread.

Ed is actually a member of this board but he hasn't posted for a few years.
--
Chris

Steadfast

« Reply #831 on: June 29, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
Ed Lenz contacted me and told me:
"Unfortunately the only thing I'm making now are the small educational kits.  I've moved on to other interests.   I may at some point return to the wind arena but in a different way."

So...thats it...
Im going to sell of my Lbird on ebay...
falcon blades and tail assembly.

>:( Thankyou again Tony...  >:(
By Hook or by Crook - Prayer, Persistence and Tenacity will win the day!

Steadfast

« Reply #832 on: June 29, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »
what would be a good starting price on ebay for these items together?

Here is the extent of the furelling radius... 

If they want to use an ametec
35924 DIODE,SIL REC,1N1188,35Amp, 1 4.2500 4.25

696626 HEAT SINK,TO-220,1 HOLE,BLACK, 1 2.2500 2.25

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #833 on: June 29, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
Dont get to frustrated SF, I think there was a mention of another redelco company (bluewind) that one of the members suggested.

Just dust yourself off and continue. :)

JW

Mastiffman

« Reply #834 on: June 29, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »

Yeah Steadfast!? What happen to that persistent Person that First Began this thread? Don't let some honestly "little" hurdle stop you from doing what you want... Make some adjustments and strap a Sweet Servo motor to that thing! Don't just give up! You don't seem like a quitter....

When you get knocked down, what defines you as an individual is not IF you were knocked down, but IF and how fast you get up!?

We all want to see this thing up in the air Brother!?  :)

spottrouble

« Reply #835 on: June 29, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »
Keep your chin up SF ;) Thank god you got the RF, you can get a nice servo with that change.

Anyone else notice the cut-off (and exposed)wires sticking out of that "Inventor" series gen being peddled by "the other guy"? I'm guessing its a ceiling fan motor, but could be wrong.

Kristi

hurricanewind

« Reply #836 on: June 29, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
Wait a minute guys.... you want to insult me beat me down tell me my product is $#|+ ....some jerk posts garbage on my forum....but I am rude and a bad guy???? Yesterday when I was on here you guys were going to put up Chris's turbine......now I have caused this whole thing to be ruined?  I read about 5 posts essentially calling me a thief and now you have a page of hate comments because I refunded the guy his money...you can't have it both ways..I have plenty of confidence in my product or I would not have even thought of sending something out to be installed on small tower surrounded by trees over a garage  to be reported on a forum where many openly post their interest in seeing me fail......what the hell folks??

Chris quite frankly you are the one who comes off rude from my perspective...you offer to test something then when I take you up on it you tell me it doesn't need to be tested you already know what it will do..."you are sorry" its your fault I conned you?  What do you have to do with it?  you have previously made a comment saying that when I scam your forum members its your responsibility or something to that effect?.Is this your forum?..news flash I read your you tube antics for the past month and know your agenda......you are the wind god fix the mans problem......you stated yesterday that you know all about what I was building it was nothing special I am not pulling a rabbit out of a hat , could do it in your sleep...and how many hundreds of them you had made....well why don't you just do it for SF? should be a piece of cake for you.

If I send the PMA people will bitch....if I don't people are bitching....I gave the man his money back as more than one person suggested you guys bitch..people are just going to bitch..you sent messages saying come on Tony go legit send the PMA to this guy for testing I agree and then you post it doesn't need to be tested......you comment about my lighter winding burning up in a light wind zone based on the conditions at your high wind location....hell 2 days ago the customer made a post on here indicating insinuating I faked burning up a meter.....I don't care if the collective intelligence from this forum can raise dark matter from a soup can and power the universe it is not worth it....
.I have seen this crap way to many times in today's wind power business company A sets up a buy from company B then throws them under the bus....part of me wanted to believe that some of you guys are not like that but every time I about get to the point I trusted someone acts like an @ss

Finally there is a way to talk to people and a way not to....bird house gave me criticism and it was well pointed and I am open to what he has to say as a result....maybe some of you should take a lesson from him if your true mission is to be helpful as I gather from the consensus.

Royalwdg

« Reply #837 on: June 29, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »
Steadfast, I'm a data kind of guy.  You could go ahead and run the turbine you have. get some numbers for a few months. Maybe bring it down and put those rolled metal blades on and run that for a few months. That way you only change one thing. The difference will be the blade performance. There is lots of curiosity about those rolled and pvc pipe type blades.  That would be a good test.   Dave

lakesidepark

• locked in the suburbs
« Reply #838 on: June 29, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »
I have an idea. I personally would like to know some output possibilities for some different size servo motors. They are sturdy, one the size of a redelco has a sealed shaft bearing double the diameter, they are good motors and have good case heat sinking. A size comparable to a redelco would be a 450W 200V 1500RPM 3-phase, or a newer 850W. Have older 850W with accessible (off the top of the stator) coil leads (3 parallel star 3-phase). I am barely set up to bench test, but a rough test appears 100RPM = 13VDC (three-phase rectified original coil config)

Can't sell them, they are surplus scrap (bad encoders, or obselete).
Don't know if I have enough posts for PM. But I'll discuss it and do it if you think its an option.
There are more details of the servos in another post I did here (search all my posts, I'm sure that won't take long).
Got some other options, if ya want one I'll put it in a box and you may keep both threads (and both birds) alive without breaking the bank.

You get an option, I get some measurements and feedback - and at the price it don't matter if I'm a scammer or not, just pitch it or pass it on. I just can't put a bird up right now - but someday....one of these babies will fly on MY land...

Steadfast

« Reply #839 on: June 29, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
Go away tony... we had an agreement... and you broke it against my express verbal and written wishes... you screwed a paid customer who was upfront and increadibly patient with you for 3 months. On top of it I thoaght you were a friend. But it was clearly about your fear of risk. Your fear of success.  I've already started to find buyers for my LBird prices because of YOUR choices.
 Just go away...your not wanted here..

Stop calling me... I wont answer...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:06:30 PM by Steadfast »

just-doug

« Reply #840 on: June 29, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »
my sugestion is get the hbird up and running.then go back and look at the other solar potential at your home.a solar hot air heater is easy to make and pay back about 3 winter months.solar hot water is generaly a 3 year pay back.projects like these can put money back in your pocket that you can then play with as you wish.gives you time to monitor the hbird and reevaluete your wind resources,and if you want to dump more money into it.

Steadfast

« Reply #841 on: June 29, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
If the guys here think any of these are testible ... I will hold off on selling the LBird...
I have an idea. I personally would like to know some output possibilities for some different size servo motors. They are sturdy, one the size of a redelco has a sealed shaft bearing double the diameter, they are good motors and have good case heat sinking. A size comparable to a redelco would be a 450W 200V 1500RPM 3-phase, or a newer 850W. Have older 850W with accessible (off the top of the stator) coil leads (3 parallel star 3-phase). I am barely set up to bench test, but a rough test appears 100RPM = 13VDC (three-phase rectified original coil config)

Can't sell them, they are surplus scrap (bad encoders, or obselete).
Don't know if I have enough posts for PM. But I'll discuss it and do it if you think its an option.
There are more details of the servos in another post I did here (search all my posts, I'm sure that won't take long).
Got some other options, if ya want one I'll put it in a box and you may keep both threads (and both birds) alive without breaking the bank.

You get an option, I get some measurements and feedback - and at the price it don't matter if I'm a scammer or not, just pitch it or pass it on. I just can't put a bird up right now - but someday....one of these babies will fly on MY land...

Steadfast

« Reply #842 on: June 29, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
my sugestion is get the hbird up and running.then go back and look at the other solar potential at your home.a solar hot air heater is easy to make and pay back about 3 winter months.solar hot water is generaly a 3 year pay back.projects like these can put money back in your pocket that you can then play with as you wish.gives you time to monitor the hbird and reevaluete your wind resources,and if you want to dump more money into it.
It is a good suggestion... thanks I will wait on selling off the LBird...

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #843 on: June 29, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »
Quote from: hurricanewind
If I send the PMA people will bitch....if I don't people are bitching....I gave the man his money back as more than one person suggested you guys bitch..

Just to be clear SF is bitching about the refund. He mentioned he did not want that.

Im not sure what stage your at SF, but I would recommend that you take Tonys call..

If you can Tony, send the genny and dont worry about a comparison with a 3kw dual rotor. Were not expecting much from that class of generator, SF needs the genny to connect all his parts, blades, furling tail etc.

I can see where your coming from, if you have the product get it to SF. If he does not want it then there's nothing you can do.

SteadFast, Tony can remain and post here if he would like...

We need to keep the forum open minded

JW

Mastiffman

« Reply #844 on: June 29, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »
Wait a minute guys.... you want to insult me beat me down tell me my product is $#|+ ....some jerk posts garbage on my forum....but I am rude and a bad guy???? Yesterday when I was on here you guys were going to put up Chris's turbine......now I have caused this whole thing to be ruined?  I read about 5 posts essentially calling me a thief and now you have a page of hate comments because I refunded the guy his money...you can't have it both ways..I have plenty of confidence in my product or I would not have even thought of sending something out to be installed on small tower surrounded by trees over a garage  to be reported on a forum where many openly post their interest in seeing me fail......what the hell folks??

Chris quite frankly you are the one who comes off rude from my perspective...you offer to test something then when I take you up on it you tell me it doesn't need to be tested you already know what it will do..."you are sorry" its your fault I conned you?  What do you have to do with it?  you have previously made a comment saying that when I scam your forum members its your responsibility or something to that effect?.Is this your forum?..news flash I read your you tube antics for the past month and know your agenda......you are the wind god fix the mans problem......you stated yesterday that you know all about what I was building it was nothing special I am not pulling a rabbit out of a hat , could do it in your sleep...and how many hundreds of them you had made....well why don't you just do it for SF? should be a piece of cake for you.

If I send the PMA people will bitch....if I don't people are bitching....I gave the man his money back as more than one person suggested you guys bitch..people are just going to bitch..you sent messages saying come on Tony go legit send the PMA to this guy for testing I agree and then you post it doesn't need to be tested......you comment about my lighter winding burning up in a light wind zone based on the conditions at your high wind location....hell 2 days ago the customer made a post on here indicating insinuating I faked burning up a meter.....I don't care if the collective intelligence from this forum can raise dark matter from a soup can and power the universe it is not worth it....
.I have seen this crap way to many times in today's wind power business company A sets up a buy from company B then throws them under the bus....part of me wanted to believe that some of you guys are not like that but every time I about get to the point I trusted someone acts like an @ss

Finally there is a way to talk to people and a way not to....bird house gave me criticism and it was well pointed and I am open to what he has to say as a result....maybe some of you should take a lesson from him if your true mission is to be helpful as I gather from the consensus.

Honestly  Fellas, There are some understandable opints made here...

I think that it would be conducive to the thread and build if EVERYONE moved froward like adults and Stopped with the Bashing, Slandering and Frankly Pointless insults. Just let the past comments speak for themselves to whomever they will, however they will and let bygones be bygones...

End of stroy and Let's Focus on SF Build Being Finished and see some Results!?

Sound Good? It does to me!!!

hurricanewind

« Reply #845 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
No problem SF, I attempted to call you once since you apparently did not understand"my actions" so I am not sure why you would post as if I am "blowing your phone up".......I am certainly not afraid of objective analysis, however when someone who just joins a well known read forum as a newbie becomes a high ranking member, has a thread with 30 pages of posts and  received $1000 worth of axial flux alternator presumably at no cost from an individual who has spent the last good while on youtube publicly trashing the type of  PMA I have sold until my recently,  it looks a bit well concerning ...I am sorry it is just my perception sometimes you get them right other times you don't it's simply my instinct
These type of situations happen regularly and I could  post quite a few url's  where people buy things as a set up to leave a company bad publicity. There is one company in particularin the wind power business that pays people to do that very thing..Maybe you guys are different and above that maybe your not  how would I know?

If you cannot understand why I would be "concerned" I don't know what to tell you....I have spent thousands in copper and magnets to pursue what I like doing and I must protect my interests. Besides I gathered that from what I read you didn't really need the PMA anymore due to the donation you had received. I mean I received a message from a forum member that said if I was going up against Chris's 33 pound monster they felt sorry for me..... what would you deduct from that comment....anyway it is not that  I have not been able to send you a generator for 6 weeks....I have been trying to deduct whether this represented a good opportunity for me or whether it was a setup for failure.all I really wanted to know is whether or not the level of hostility in here wasn't such that you couldn't remain objective.....Chris made up my mind for me last night. you received a refund today..I do believe you are correct about one thing.....I do not belong here ;)

Steadfast

« Reply #846 on: June 29, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »
If I send the PMA people will bitch....if I don't people are bitching....I gave the man his money back as more than one person suggested you guys bitch..

Just to be clear SF is bitching about the refund. He mentioned he did not want that.

Im not sure what stage your at SF, but I would recommend that you take Tonys call..

If you can Tony, send the genny and dont worry about a comparison with a 3kw dual rotor. Were not expecting much from that class of generator, SF needs the genny to connect all his parts, blades, furling tail etc.

I can see where your coming from, if you have the product get it to SF. If he does not want it then there's nothing you can do.

JW
I did not pay for a refund... I paid and waited 3 months for TONY'S DESIGN... because I knew it would work better than his competitors empty scams. Because I believed that Tony was shooting strieght with me and could make an honest product... against the opinions of many here.
but It is now clear he thinks I was trying to screw with him, enough to refund me agaist our verbal contract. And that is insulting. After defendig his business for months, my biggest sin against him is that I lost my patience with all his excusses... one time... and that I excepted the generosity of another.. This gives him the cartblanch to dishonor our agreement. It is now clear that Tony is all about Tony and not about the ethical treatment his customers paid interests.

Look I again have said too much... I am a man of my word. So, I must stop now before I dishonor my own word " to not slander nor pursue."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:54:05 PM by Steadfast »

spottrouble

« Reply #847 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
SF, take Lakeside parks offer of a servo motor, I sincerely doubt you'll regret it. Beyond that I'll bite my tongue..........

Kristi

Steadfast

« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
I am talking to him about that very thing... but I don't know enough about his motors to ask questions... need some help here...

spottrouble

« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
Get some specs off the data tags, no one can help without those first.

Kristi

lakesidepark

• locked in the suburbs
« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2012, 08:09:02 PM »

These are some (except the 1300 only got one of those). All are 200V 3-phase, no brake PMA servo, continuous rating.

The lower LH servo is a 450W 1500RPM 3.8A 0.6HP 2.84N-m torque.
Upper LH 750W 3000RPM 4.4A 2.39N-m.
Upper RH is 1300W 1500RPM 10.7A 1.3HP 8.34N-m

The lower RH is a chromedelco. For size comparison only.

LH is older 850 - it has the accessible winding connection points.
850W 1500RPM 6.2A 5.39N-m; taper shaft with nut - may need adaptor for an arbor shaft. I only have one but I can send you a drawing of it to fabricate.
Tthe older 850 is a bit large, but output is similiar to the new one, and I have yet to see what I can do with splitting the phases and running series, or switched phases, lot of options. Glad I got a couple of spares. I think this one is the most interesting since the others can't be unsealed without destroying the coils. They will always be original config coil. However, this one is much bigger than the others too, you might could swing that new 850 (have to go back and look at the available space you got and what has to be modified).

RH is newer mounted on my VAWT tower (there is a 1:1.7 chain drive above)
850W 1500RPM 7.1A 5.39N-m

More information about the 450 and older 850 at:
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146036.msg997018.html#msg997018
There is a picture of two, one stator and rotor from scrapped 450 and the open back side of the older 850.

Not sure whether that one is on the table or not...but it may be. Sometimes I'm greedy.
I'm leaning toward mounting the older 850 so I can run switched phases individually rectified. So I guess it's up too since my application the size is not as important.

There are choices and nameplate specs. All I can say is in their original application, they never go bad, its always the encoder or the drive. I don't think you can smoke these unless you really try.

Y'all help him pick one if you think its worth it, and I'll ship it to him next week. With spec sheet and dims. But if ya do this, now I hope to see some trickle charging going on soon!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:36:32 PM by lakesidepark »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »
If you cannot understand why I would be "concerned" I don't know what to tell you....I have spent thousands in copper and magnets to pursue what I like doing and I must protect my interests.

I'll summarize some things here - Steadfast started this project on March 14.  On March 26 he buys a ReDelco from Hurricane Windpower and this is the post, with the spiel and power chart that came with the sale:
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146527.msg1003979.html#msg1003979

I look at the sales pitch.  Then I look at the power chart.  And I go, "OMG.  We got the Natural Aluminum Delco's with a blue sticker.  We got the Marine Green ones from a different outfit.  We got Baby Blue from yet another outfit.  And now we got somebody pedaling Red Delco's with a different sale's pitch and the same power curve."

I could see Steadfast is very interested in his wind project, but he is going at things totally wrong and it's going to end up being a failure and he'll eventually give up on it.  I don't like to see someone new have to endure that after having high expectations.

Well, this went on for TWO MONTHS and he still didn't have the product he ordered.  Finally, on May 24 I donated an axial generator to his cause.  I told him I want nothing for it.  I talked to him on the phone and told him my enjoyment would be seeing a newbie to wind power get the thing up and get it working.  It had been laying around my shop for several years.

I also told Steadfast this was an opportunity to show every newbie out there the difference between what we build and what is commonly sold on eBay by the Delco peddlers.  The Delco-based units have a bad reputation and there is constant infighting between all the "dealers" of them over who's Delco pushes the most amps, and who's suing who over one "stealing" or copying the others "design".  It's like a comic relief act on YouTube among all these Delco peddlers.

Over three months, Steadfast got excuse after excuse after excuse why he never got what he paid for.  Long before I sent him the axial, and DaveM donated a set of blades for it.  And all the while Steadfast was convinced his ReDelco was "revolutionary" when in reality all he had bought was a re-branded Baby Blue one.  Well, now we all see how that ended up.

Steadfast wanted to do the comparison of the two units.  And I ain't afraid of no comparison.  Bring it on.  Even though he's got a poor wind site so the turbine is going to have terrible power production, you still get 20 mph gusts thru the rotor now and then and get a chance to see what it can do.

I hope it is perfectly obvious to any newbie to wind power, thru this thread, that it pays to do a little research before you spend money on something that won't work, and the advertising being used to sell some of this stuff is downright deceptive.

Now Steadfast has another offer for a servo motor to bring his project to fruition.  I say go for it.

And in the end I hope Steadfast has learned that here in the homebrew community we're into building stuff that DOES work.  He came here looking for advice and got lots of it.  And every step of the way he's learned that the collective wisdom here is worth WAY more than any sales pitch with a fake power curve.

My wife and I are going to Canada tomorrow.  When we get home I expect to read about one of these machines flying    8)
--
Chris

Steadfast

« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »
Lake side... send as many as you want.... ill take one of each if you want to send them.
but first... let's what and see what those who have a clue... say to send....

Oh.. what a winding rabbit hole this project has taken me in....
who know what I will learn about before it is all over...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:02:36 PM by Steadfast »

hurricanewind

« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2012, 11:51:25 PM »
Yes as I stated in my opinion Chris has an Agenda which is precisely why things ended as they did.....thanks for the summary..I would love nothing better than to put my product on a thread here as the resident "fabricators" would say "I ain't scared neither" but I will only do so on an objective stage.....it would be pretty stupid to send your stuff off to some guys saying "that guy sucks" for testing.....Ole SF  really got taken to the cleaners ::) he got every penny refunded. Whether  he and Chris are honorable men or out to do someone in ...I have no idea. Maybe on the Other Power things are different than in the commercial world things are cutthroat..I mean you guys say you are here for all these positive reasons but all of the negativity I experienced in here is why there is not a red pma sitting in SF's garage today. If you guys consider that a victory great for you. Chris has not proven a thing other than a few of you guys can be such jerks that someone who doesn't know how to take you is leery. How can one be so self important to take a generic winding spec I gave you and come back to the forum reporting what my PMA would do without knowledge of what blades we would ultimately run  the spec on a rotor. As well you knew it would catch on fire.....or smoke as you put it..even though a SF describes his site he does not have enough wind to make the case warm. I think the knowledge you do have has your head swollen up so big I hope you can fit out the door for your trip. I have to assume others in here know how to make blade and power calculations as well! Maybe they decided to just sit back shut up and let the man test the PMA? Of course I questioned why  a forum members whose founding fathers and members preach axial designs and hate Delcos would be buying something from me to put on a thread unless it was to trash it? I gather from your previous post that you guys already did that with Wind Blue which if was the case was really stupid since the guy openly is humble about output and describes it as use as axillary power hunting cabins ect  you can hear him do so on one of Terry's TLG power hour tapes...You would rather buy a surplus servo motor.....good luck with the servo motor..

I never heard a response to the query about why Chris didn't make him up a PMA and send over some of those good ole wooden blades that spin at 400 rpm in  6-7 mph wind to hit his cut ins between the trees on a 30 foot pole with 19 ga wire with garage roof 10 feet below "so we ensure nice smooth airflow" As I understood it  that should be so easy a monkey could do it....
You will not see it because that BS isn't happening.

Finally I just want to say a few words about all of the salesmanship you guys want to talk about....as if its a bad thing....I have never claimed I have a revolutionary design and have simply improved on mistakes I have seen others make....its a freaking delco alternator with updated internals carefully machined and made with attention to detail from the core to the powder.....GM would probably not think that a 12 si is revolutionary design neither do I.....but I can charge a bank of batteries when other cannot....and can spin my pma's with 2 fingers

Now publicly if these guys are honorable men and did not have intent to "do me in" then I am wrong I openly admit it and I publicly apologize to them both. I  would ask you to put yourselves in my "shoes" for a moment and ask yourself what you would think?

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #854 on: June 29, 2012, 11:51:53 PM »
Quote from: Steadfast
Oh.. what a winding rabbit hole this project has taken me in....
who know what I will learn about before it is all over...

Not really, you just need to figure "kwh" lets say some other guy is getting 265kwh per interval, maybe in a low wind situation "you" may get 65kwh for the same interval, it does not matter the size of the genny, if there's only so much wind power there' thats what you get...

Optimize this optimize that, at best you may get 2%...

This is why I mentioned "Vawt's" before... Youre in a low wind area, prospect. its these type of turbines that need a precise cut in speed, simular to a Hawt.

JW

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #855 on: June 29, 2012, 11:57:17 PM »
...I have no idea. Maybe on the Other Power things are different than in the commercial world things are cutthroat..I mean you guys say you are here for all these positive reasons but all of the negativity I experienced in here is why there is not a red pma sitting in SF's garage today.

This statement is contradictory... Are you saying that you're holding back?

JW

hurricanewind

« Reply #856 on: June 30, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
I merely mean that I have seen people do nasty thing on the commercial market that if need be I can cite examples but I am sure many of you have seen the same thing.It is rampant everywhere on ebay , youtube and many other forums with obvious agendas all over the web...I am saying that "The Other Power" is supposed to be  a community where people are knowledgeable, helpful,  fair and unbiased you know the fox new thing?..That is certainly the perception I get that the owners of this forum are envisioning....  From the moment I opened up this page and read the thread it looks more like an ambush to me than anything else.... Without the negativity I wouldn't have thought twice about shipping out that product and SF would be making power period.         
  . I am not sure what you mean that I am holding back?

Watt

« Reply #857 on: June 30, 2012, 12:46:52 AM »
Tony, I can't help but wonder what your agenda is.  If you are trying to get sympathy, you are not going to get it here.  You weaseled out of providing a generator for a wind turbine by using everyone in this thread who questioned or criticized you as scapegoats.

My opinion is:  You never had anything to offer which was a viable solution and you are now trying to argue you were the victim.  You also argue you did right by refund when you have not even come close.  Also, YOU are the reason I will never buy from you in the future even if your new founded product is the bees knees for the industry.  Finally, take your medicine as you deserve the side effects for what you have created. 

Best Wishes