Author Topic: Film: "Who killed the electric car?"  (Read 1310 times)

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Film: "Who killed the electric car?"
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »
G--

Right on the money ....

Economics 102

Me&Bruce should not only be worried but looking into making theirs better and more of them at a lower cost to flood the market with them thus ensuring their dominice.

There already seems to be a better market in Tiwain. Seems they've had electric 3-Wheelers available for a long time and they're still being made..

I laugh at the new comercials.

our older Buick with a kick'n AC , V6 and auto-everything got 36mpg on the highway using 87octane.

The 91 Chevy , which doesn't like using E85 or higher , but will purr on E60 gets 22 on the highway and it has the 4X4 V8 5.7L and 5 sp over-drive...:--)

When I ask about this they tell me it beacuse of all the add-on safety , but then I say what about the weight difference between the two? the Buick was a 4 door..:->

They don't have an answer..

Someone gives me 10M$ I'll make a viable market. And I won't need to go find a "new technology" to do it.

Huummm, Didn't Sir Richard Branson just step into this forray?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:40:15 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2006, 12:30:09 PM »
G--

Don't let the Pharma lobbyist know you only took 1/2 the pill they'll be wanting enact a bill saying it's illegal not to take 1/2 the dose:--)

Bruce S

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:30:09 PM by Bruce S »

fungus

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »
And its also been running for about two weeks now.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:50:51 PM by fungus »

whatsnext

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2006, 07:03:52 AM »
This one short post is so filled with inacuracies that it's astounding. 100 or so posts post does not meen there is a demand for electrics. Fact is if there was a demand people would build them to fill it and most of the posts are people thing that you don't know what you're talking about. Big oil will never go bankrupt as there are plenty of people wanting to buy their product including every chemical company. Then, they'll use their money to buy other companies.

John.......
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 07:03:52 AM by whatsnext »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »
John;  

Kinda vague don't you think?

How about posting what inaccuracies they are and enlighten us to the facts.

It is true that just because this has all these posts doesn't mean there is a demand. However it doesn't disprove it either.

All these post prove that there is interest of some sort, good or bad.

I don't believe anyone in all of these posts flat out said that they thought "big-oil" would go bankrupt. That in fact would be horrible.... Think of all the people that would lose theirs income and possibly homes. Not just here in the US but around the world.

Big-oil doesn't just make fuel. There are lubricants, and thousands of items made from distilled oil.

If electrics aren't in demand enough then why is Chrysler going to be offering a electric version of the cool little SMART car?

And all those golf-cart companies now producing/offering the newest vehicles the "LSV"s and NEVs that even come with AC, AM/FM or Sirius if you want that.

So , how about clearing up those inaccuracies for us.

Bruce S

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:04:31 AM by Bruce S »

whatsnext

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2006, 01:49:25 PM »
You said "I don't believe anyone in all of these posts flat out said that they thought "big-oil" would go bankrupt"

Seele said "When cars go electric, big oil will be going bankrupt"

Seele said "Talk out of detroit is that GM is going to buy out Ford to keep the two from going bankrupt, it's time they embrace EV instead of continuing to embrace gas guzzlers that nobody wants to by, just so they conform to big oil pressure."

Total gossip and rumor on three fronts. 1. That GM is buying Ford. There was one small blurb that there had been talks between two parties not that they were ever serious or that anything had ever come of it so it could have been drunk cocktail chatter. 2.That's it's time to "embrace a technology that is not ready yet, namely batteries. 3. The idea that big oil controls the big three is absurd on many fronts. It is not in the best interest of the car companies to have high gas prices so saying they are working together, even a million times, does not make it so.

Seele says "Detroit better start mass producing EV automobiles before America falls behind yet again to Japan and Korea. "

Actually starting to mass produce anything when there is no market because the product is not ready would be far more harmful to GM and Ford than doing what they are doing now.

Shall I continue?

One slanted "documentary" by a bunch of film makers does not make reality of any talk of coverups. It's very easy for people like Seele to blame someone else because he gets to avoid the hard work of doing it himself. He really should develope a battery that would work and be affordable. He'd be rich beyond his wildest dreams.

John........

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:49:25 PM by whatsnext »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2006, 09:08:56 AM »
I would say yes, do continue.

By keeping these thoughts alive an in the fore-front will it stay that way and all the issues discussed.

How many people know that there are already dozens of Ethanol plants turning out billions of gallons of Ethanol and are set to turn up another 3billion before the ned of 2007?

Seele though hate to admit it was partially correct...

If they, the three big automakers, would just read the news papers they would've already been able to tell that the field is ripe for electrics to come onto the open road.

Even if they had to OEM vehicles from the one true electric cars that is still selling very well.

The automakers also already know how to "make" a market it called advertising. Commercials. Effective ones can turn people around, make them want those, just so they can keep up with their neighbors. Been done before and is still being done this very day to try and sell the rest of those big A** trucks that no one really needed, but had to have 'cause everyone else has one.

Your number 2 is only partitally true. It is time to embrace the electric technology for vehicles, they have been around longer that the gas powered ones.

The technology for long distance electric cars using batteries is already here, and once the so called newness wears off, they will once again be affordable.

Take a look at the NiMh and NiCd technologies. Just a short year ago you couldn't buy a battery that would hold 10Ah in a "D" sized battery to save a life, now they're all over the place and getting even more dense and they are affordable enough for me to purchase and replace the "free" NiCds I used to replace the SLA batteries in our trike. Same power, i.e. Same voltage, same Ahr, 1/3 the weight, able to use 80% of the battery stored energy instead of 20% and can do this 10 times more than the SLAs can, and with proper design can, be charged just as fast as SLAs.

Thoughts?

Bruce S

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:08:56 AM by Bruce S »

whatsnext

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »
"Thoughts?"

no

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:38:47 PM by whatsnext »

Haanu

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »
Electric cars are decades away to be mass produced. The demand may be steadily climbing but it is not yet gone to the point where people are protesting for its mass release. The batteries used for example cost too much, yet delivers too little. ALso there is the issue of the big oil companies with their politicians wrapped around their finger to allow the electric car to be mass produced. Whatever the truth is on why the electric car isn't flying yet, I don't want to expect too much.Politics and financial problems are too huge a gap to be filled for the near future.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:32:06 AM by Haanu »